Shared Code of Conduct
As of May 08, 2023 (Subject to change)
THESE PROTOCOLS APPLY TO ALL EVENTS AT THE THEATRES OF EMERSON COLLEGE:Emerson Cutler Majestic Theatre, Emerson Paramount Center (Robert J. Orchard Stage, Jackie Liebergott Black Box, and Bright Family Screening Room), and Tufte Performance and Production Center (Semel Theater and Greene Theater)
Mask-wearing is strongly encouraged at all times while indoors at the theatre but is no longer required for most* performances and events. For folks who require it, there will be designated sections of each house in which mask-wearing is mandatory. These seats can be purchased over the phone or in person at the Box Office. Please contact the Box Office by phone at 617.824.8400 or by emailing email@example.com to arrange seating that accommodates your needs. Masks and face shields will also be available at the theatre upon request.
If you or a member of your party is feeling sick, experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, or has been in contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 10 days, please stay home. Our box office will allow you to refund or exchange performance tickets at any time prior to the event. No one should come to the venue if they are not feeling well.
It is within our values to create a safe space for everyone, full stop. All staff at the Theatres of Emerson College are working to ensure the health and safety of all who are sharing these spaces. Maintaining our community’s health and safety requires the effort of all involved. By committing to this Shared Code of Conduct, you are not only protecting yourself, but fellow guests, artists, and staff. Please do all you can to help keep all of us safe. We cannot wait to see you at the theater!
ADDITIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY MEASURES
Deleted: In addition to the protocols outlined in the Shared Code of Conduct, we have taken the following precautions to ensure that our venues provide the optimal environment for our guests.
- Emerson College has installed HEPA filters and pre-filters with a MERV rating of 13 (hospital grade) in all the buildings. The ventilation is top-down, rather than a less-desired cross-ventilation system, meaning the air is supplied from above and falls toward the ground. Outside air is introduced at a minimum of 20% during cold and hot weather, and closer to 50% during more mild months. When air temperature is between 45-60 degrees and humidity less than 50%, we have the ability to introduce outside air at the rate of 100%.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the venues.
- We are encouraging guests to choose digital tickets or mailed tickets as their delivery method to reduce lines at the box office prior to performances, and we feature contactless ticketing for venue entry with use of scanners.
- All Emerson College community members (students, faculty and staff) are required to attest to vaccination to be on campus.
Any prospective guest with questions or concerns about health safety protocols is encouraged to contact the Box Office. Representatives are available Tue-Sat, 12pm-6pm, by phone at 617-824-8400 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Certain events may require masking for all guests. Please check out the Event Page Info section for the event you are interested in for more details.